Monday, May 12, 2008

"I feel like a smoker trying to quit"

Okay so the other day I was sitting on the couch and got this urge to eat sweets. I was not hungry, I just wanted sugar. I reached for my gum. Ever since I started losing the weight I have chewed gum when I wanted to eat, but knew I wasn't hungry. OK, so like I was saying the other day I'm on the couch and I say to my husband "I feel like a smoker trying to quit." In my mind, I said to myself, "That's because you are." I realize that this food thing is can be an addiction issue. All my life I have just eaten...a lot. However, I was so active in high school that it really didn't matter.

I wasn't the smallest chick in the class, but I wasn't the "fat friend" until college. I was a size 13 in June of 2000 and some how between then and October 5th, 2003 (My wedding day) I had ballooned up to a size 18/20. i think it was the lack of activity totally. In school I was a cheerleader, on the track team and a dancer. In college all of that stopped, but I kept eating the same. Not to mention my senior year in college my husband deployed to Iraq! So I had thesis', finals, and worried about Derek. Then he came home and had to turn right around and go back for another 19 months. LOTS of stress eating took place. Candy, SOUR candy was my thing! However, I managed to drop down to a size 16 his last deployment. I digress, gum is the new candy in my life! So I will keep on chewing my 5 calorie gum, losing the weight and feeling F-A-B-Ulous!


Here is the rundown:


Exercise: Hip Hop Abs - Total Body Burn 2
Food: B - SB Peanut Butter Bar, Fruit, Yogurt
L - NS Tomato Corn Chowder, Salad, Yogurt
MS - Yogurt, Fruit
D - NS Pot Roast, Salad, Veggies
ES - NS Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
Total Calories: 1390

No comments: