So I actually got my Jenny food, but by the time I got it, I had eaten every "bad" thing that I was going to eat. I am also in a house in which I am expected to cook my moms favorites like everyday! So needless to say I have been totally of plan. I have been eating foods that I would not normally eat, but "hey it's vacation!" What has been happening though is that I have not been overeating and I have not been eating just to eat. Those are two things that I used to do. For example we had just finished eating lunch one day, went to the mall, saw some of my Godchildren, ate some ice cream at an impromptu birthday party at Baskin-Robbins (I had a small). Now all of this took less than an hour and a half. Derek said he wanted to go to this great sushi place that we had been to and I said "But WE JUST ATE!" My husband said he was proud of me because the old Ebony would have just gone along and ate a roll...or two. I have made better decisions, not the best, but they are getting better. So for that I give myself a "go me."
I think I am the opposite of most people. I don't do New Year's Resolutions. This year I am going to be the same way...sort of. Instead of resolutions I am going to make promises to myself. So here are my New Year's Promises.
I Ebony Promise to do the following to ensure a healthier, fitter me in 2009:
1) I will work out at least 3 days a week for at least 30 minutes.
2) I will eat 5-6 small meals a day.
3) I will eat no more than 1600 calories in a day.
4) I will log my food and exercise on sparkpeople.com everyday.
5) I will log my weight (loss or gain) every Monday.
6) I will sleep at least 7 hours a night.
7) I will not allow work functions to be a reason o go off plan.
8) I will not celebrate with food.
9) I will not allow stress to get in my way.
10) I will not make excuses!