Monday, January 5, 2009

Starting over...Sort Of/HYC check in

This one is going to be short. I have adjusted my ticker to reflect today's weigh in...217.6 and my new goal weight of 165 down from 175. Yup I am up from my last weigh in, but its a whole new year from the last one. My hope is that over the next 6 months I can lose about 35 pounds or so. I know hat may seem low to some, but I am factoring in those lovely plateaus that haunt us as well as the lovely TOM that some how leads me to the nearest candy shop. Not to mention that last time I was 165, 1999, I was about 17% body fat...I was a lean mean cheer leading machine!

I guess this year I am still on my path, yet trying to be more realistic about my lost so as to not set myself up for failure. I mean if I only lost a pound a week I can hit 165 in 52 weeks aka 1 year. I am exhausted I just came off vacation last night, got home and unpacked around 2am and worked 10 hours today...so it is beddybie for me folks.

4 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

You are awesome and I know you will have an incredible year. Keep checking in and stay accountable. That's a tremendous help to me. Blessings of the New Year.
Path to Health

Diana said...

That goal seems reasonable - anything more would be unhealthy! Besides, you don't want to set goals that are unattainable! I think I may steal them as we are about the same for weight and goals :)

I agree with MBJ - youa re aweseom :) I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Donnalouise said...

Making goals achievable for you is the best goal to make!! Reasonable and not setting yourself up for disappointment - I'm all up for that! My WW goal is 160 and then I'll try to rach 150 on my own, but...one day at a time!

Jenn said...

Hey chica, you and I are practically at the same current weight and have the same goal weight. I'm going to blogroll you - hopefully you stop by and check out my side of the world. I'll be here if you ever wanna compare notes or complain about bad days together. :)~

~Jenn (Ex Hot Girl)
http://exhotgirl.blogspot.com/