Monday, January 5, 2009

Starting over...Sort Of/HYC check in

This one is going to be short. I have adjusted my ticker to reflect today's weigh in...217.6 and my new goal weight of 165 down from 175. Yup I am up from my last weigh in, but its a whole new year from the last one. My hope is that over the next 6 months I can lose about 35 pounds or so. I know hat may seem low to some, but I am factoring in those lovely plateaus that haunt us as well as the lovely TOM that some how leads me to the nearest candy shop. Not to mention that last time I was 165, 1999, I was about 17% body fat...I was a lean mean cheer leading machine!

I guess this year I am still on my path, yet trying to be more realistic about my lost so as to not set myself up for failure. I mean if I only lost a pound a week I can hit 165 in 52 weeks aka 1 year. I am exhausted I just came off vacation last night, got home and unpacked around 2am and worked 10 hours today...so it is beddybie for me folks.

4 comments:

Mama Bear June said...

You are awesome and I know you will have an incredible year. Keep checking in and stay accountable. That's a tremendous help to me. Blessings of the New Year.
Path to Health

Diana said...

That goal seems reasonable - anything more would be unhealthy! Besides, you don't want to set goals that are unattainable! I think I may steal them as we are about the same for weight and goals :)

I agree with MBJ - youa re aweseom :) I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Donnalouise, Donna or DC said...

Making goals achievable for you is the best goal to make!! Reasonable and not setting yourself up for disappointment - I'm all up for that! My WW goal is 160 and then I'll try to rach 150 on my own, but...one day at a time!

Jennifer Brindley said...

Hey chica, you and I are practically at the same current weight and have the same goal weight. I'm going to blogroll you - hopefully you stop by and check out my side of the world. I'll be here if you ever wanna compare notes or complain about bad days together. :)~

~Jenn (Ex Hot Girl)
http://exhotgirl.blogspot.com/